Cambridge Library offers a range of services available to library members and the general public, and a collection of over 50,000 items in various formats. Our collection contains books, audiobooks, DVDs, magazines, jigsaws and Better Beginnings story kits. Membership also gives you access to a wide range of online resources, available through our website.
Catch up at Cambridge Library
Stay up to date with all the news with our freely available newspapers including The West Australian, The Weekend Australian, The Financial Review, The Post and PerthNow.
You can also sign up to our free 24/7 digital newsletter, the Cambridge Library Reader, featuring heaps of helpful resources and all the latest Library events!
Sign up for Cambridge Library e-news
Public computers & Wi-Fi
Library members have access to computers for up to five hours per person, per day. To use the computers all you need do is agree to the conditions of use when logging in.
Non-members can access computers for 15 minutes free of charge, or for a fee of $4 per hour.
Free Wi-Fi access is available from within Cambridge Library to anyone with a Wi-Fi enabled device. All users must adhere to Section 5 of the Town's Library Services Policy(PDF, 182KB)
Print, copy & scan
The Library offers print, copy and scan services to all library users. Members use their Library card, non-members can print out a guest pass.
- store value on your Library card for faster prepaid printing and copying
- printing from library computers and directly from USB
- web printing from personal devices and email
- colour printing and photocopying is also available
Load value to Library card using EFTPOS
Stored funds to collect print jobs or copying directly from the printer.
- At kiosk:
- Account top-up
- Enter Library card number
- Scan Library card number and enter pin (if you're not sure of your pin try 6014)
- Select amount
- Print Receipt Y/N
To load value to your Library card using CASH please see staff at the Customer Service Desk
Print from Library PC (EFTPOS payment)
Log on at a PC with Library card or guest ticket. (If you don't know your Library password try 6014)
- Open document/email and press print
- At kiosk:
Pay for printing at the kiosk with your EFTPOS card or with your Library card if you have previously loaded value
- Release print job
- Release with Library card/guest ticket
- Follow the prompts
Print from own device (EFTPOS only)
Email your print job to: firstname.lastname@example.org (Note: this can take up to 5 minutes)
- Wait until you receive a 'Job ID' via your email
- At the kiosk:
- Release print job
- Release with job ID
- Follow the prompts
- Print a receipt Y/N
- Job will print
Paying by EFTPOS
- Go to the kiosk
- Select use copier
- Select number of copies & attributes (A4/A3, Colour/B&W), proceed
- Scan Library card/guest ticket
- Follow the prompts to pay
- Receipt Y/N
- Go to the copier and log on with Library card or guest ticket. Select 'Copy'
- Load document and press 'Start' button on the machine
Paying by cash
Paying with loaded value on Library card
- If you have sufficient funds on your Library card you may go directly to the machine, log on and start copying
Scanning (Free service)
- Go to the printer and log on with Library card or guest ticket. Select 'Scan'
- Place document in the top feeder or on the glass
- If scanning to email, tap 'Me' (The documents will be sent to the email associated with your Library account or guest ticket. Alternatively, tap 'Direct Input' to manually enter a different email address, then tap 'OK and press the 'Start' button.
- If scanning to a USB, plug USB into right side of the copier and wait for 'Scan to external device' to appear. Tap and press the 'Start' button on the machine.
Fees and charges
| A4 Black and White
|20 cents per page
| A4 Colour
| $2.00 per page
| A3 Black and White
|40 cents per page
| A3 colour
|$3.00 per page
| A4 black and white
|20 cents per page
| A4 colour
|$2.00 per page
| No charge
Some basic tips to deal with the unexpected.
1. Scanner 'Save to external device' button disappears between scanning jobs
Tap the small USB icon on the top right of the copier display until the button reappears
2. No Job ID is received after sending your print job (Note: the Job ID can take up to 5 minutes to arrive)
Add 'email@example.com' to the white listed addresses in your email settings and try again. Alternatively, log onto a public PC and send the job through from there.
3. Payment has been made but no printing or an incomplete print job is released.
Check the printer screen and select a paper tray if prompted.
Check paper trays have sufficient paper loaded.
See staff for assistance.
Justice of the Peace
A Justice of the Peace service is available at the library between 11am and 1pm every Tuesday and Friday (excluding public holidays).
Bookings are not necessary.
You can now pay your rates at Cambridge Library.
This service is available:
Monday to Thursday - 9am to 6.30pm
Friday and Saturday - 9am to 4.30pm
Sunday - 11am to 2.30pm
Card payments only. Remember to bring your rates notice!
Home delivery service
If you can't get to the library, we'll come to you.
A free, fortnightly service is available to library members living in the Town of Cambridge who are temporarily or permanently housebound. To find out if you are eligible for the home delivery service contact the library on 9383 8999.
Access resources available at Cambridge Library right on your doorstep.
We deliver and collect every second Thursday between 9am and 1pm.
Download, complete and return the Library Home Delivery Service form(PDF, 95KB) and start your home delivery today.
Join a group
Cambridge Library is home to interesting social and learning groups, plus regular events for visitors of all ages.
For our youngest library visitors Rhyme Time and Story Time sessions during school terms are a hit, plus we run programs for school aged children over the holiday periods.
Our adult members can join like minded others to enjoy activities from book clubs to Mah Jong, watercolour painting and more. Join a group at the library to meet new people and pick up new skills!
For more information please contact Cambridge Library on 9383 8999.
Next Reads - Reader Advisory Service
Fill out our Next Reads online form and receive a list of recommended items directly to your inbox.
Introducing Frock Up – Cambridge Library’s Ball Gown Renewal
Don't buy a new gown for every dance, ball or graduation ceremony. Borrow one from Cambridge Library instead!
This service is free for members (and it’s free to become a member if you aren’t one already). All we ask is that the dress is dry cleaned before it is returned to the Library. Gowns can be loaned for a period of up to two weeks.
Want to donate your gown to the collection? We are currently accepting second hand ball gowns size 14 and above in good condition to add to the Frock Up Ball Gown Renewal. Please ensure that your donations are free from rips or stains, as we are unable to accept anything that is not ready to wear.
For more information or to book a time to try on some of the dresses, call Cambridge Library on 9383 8999 or send an email enquiry.
Bus to Us - Cambridge Library Bus Service
This service is currently under review. Please contact the Library for further updates.
The Cambridge Library Bus Service is a free service offered once a month to pick you up to take you to and from the Cambridge Library
The following eligibility criteria applies:
Must be a resident of the Town of Cambridge
- Must not own or have access to a vehicle
- Must be unable to carry books home on public transport
- Are isolated from family members
Please register your interest by contacting the Library on 9383 8999 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org and provide the following details: Name, Address and Contact Phone Number.